How to manage studies and work life as a student?
Life has seen a tremendous change in the past two years. Something that couldn’t even be imagined happened so suddenly within a fraction of a second, completely changing human life. No doubt the Covid-19 lead us more closer to the digital and techno world.
Not only working professionals but also students and non-professional individuals started adapting to the techno era. Slowly and gradually, laptops and mobiles have taken up a huge space in our lives with time and pace.
Especially as a student, these electronics have become a necessity as this is the only source to take the education further. Even students have taken up their responsibilities to upgrade themselves and level up their skills. Along with studies, they are now working individuals too. Many of them are either working interns and managing their studies or working upon their start-up along with studies.
At times managing both of them in a single go becomes difficult, and students feel stressed. This tends to reduce the working capacity mentally as well as physically. To avoid mental breakdowns and get rid of stressful situations, here are a few tips and tricks that will benefit the students. This will not only help them to balance their work-life and studies simultaneously but also help them to level up their productivity.
1) Exercise – Regular exercise, even if practiced daily for 20 minutes, will totally help get energized and boost their minds.
2) You can practice meditation and journaling. These are the proven methods to keep yourself cool and calm.
3) Take short walks in the sun. Studies show that Vitamin D increases a positive and focused mood.
4) Laugh, smile, and spend time with family and friends.
5) Take breaks – A whole day just work will reduce your creativity. Thus take short naps and breaks in between.
6) Practice self-talk and self discussion. Speak positive affirmations to yourself- “this too shall pass” or “I can handle this.”
7) Ask for help – The most underrated yet important thing that students ignore is asking for help. They feel this might make them feel inferior or small, they will be made fun of, and people will laugh at them if they approach people for help. But the truth is when you ask someone for help, it builds up your community and networking. People feel trustworthy and happy that you asked them out!
Remember, anything can be solved when we communicated and speak. Along with work and studies, proper mental health is important. Mental well-being affects a person emotionally and physically as well. Thus, these easy peasy and go-to tricks will help students be calm, focused, peaceful, and relaxed, enabling them to perform well in academics and work life.
Written by – Sonali Sharma (© Copyright Protected)