WHAT IS BERMUDA TRIANGLE?
Bermuda Triangle, section of the North Atlantic Ocean off North America in which more than 50 ship sand and 20 airplanes disappeared. The reason behind this is unknown.
The area, whose boundaries are not agreed upon, has a vaguely triangular shape. The Atlantic coast of the Florida panhandle (in the United States), Bermuda, and the Greater Antilles marked it.
Reports of unexplained occurrences in the region date to the mid-19th century. Some ships completely abandoned for no apparent reason; others transmitted no distress signals and were never seen or heard from again.
Who discovered Bermuda Triangle?
The first person to report about Bermuda Triangle was Christopher Columbus. He wrote in his journals that inside the triangle, the ship’s compass stopped working. He also saw a fireball in the sky. It was author Vincent Gaddis, who coined the phrase ‘Bermuda Triangle’ in a 1964 magazine article.
Hundreds of people and numerous boats, ships and planes have disappeared inside this triangle.
- Some attribute it to Aliens who capture human beings for research and also said that some research is carried out by Atlantic Undersea Test and Evaluation Center (AUTEC), the American naval base on the Bahamas island.
- Who have flown over the Bermuda Triangle, simply call it a myth as they say, that ships and planes behave in the Triangle in a same way, they behave everywhere else in the world.
FEW FACTS ABOUT THE BERMUDA TRIANGLE
Fact no 1
The Bermuda Triangle is not small. In fact, it is quite large and covers an area of 440,000 miles of sea. This is larger than the combined area of Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh & Maharashtra of India.
Fact no 2
The Bermuda triangle is certainly not fixed and its effect can be experienced outside of the triangle too.
The disappearances are ascribed to UFO’s and alien activity, city of Atlantis lost under the triangle, and various other technical, natural and geographical reasons.
Fact no 3
Whenever any plane or ship disappears in the Triangle, its debris cannot be found. The reason behind this is that Gulf Stream runs near the triangle, which quickly gets rid of the debris.
- Due to strange magnetic anomalies which are in various locations around the world. There is a similar triangular area that is a no go zone declared by the Japanese govt. These areas have disappearances repeatedly
- Ivan T. Sanderson asserts that twelve vortices (famously, the Bermuda Triangle) situated along particular lines of latitude: five of the vortices are on the same latitude to the south of the equator; five are on the same latitude to the north. The other two are the north and south poles.
Strange magnetic fields from the bottom of the ocean causing compass to malfunction, pirates capturing ships, explosive cargo destroying vessels etc. Another possibility is underwater earthquakes. Scientists have actually observed a great deal of seismic vibrations taking place in the Bermuda triangle area and under the seafloor.
The triangle is responsible for the loss of at least 1,000 lives along with some 75 planes and hundreds of ships within the past 100 years.
Scientists have now claimed that hexagon
I saw this explanation on TV.
The triangle sits above a (several) natural gas fields.
- Boats: Boats, ships, those floating things are supported by the weight of water displaced. When a few tons of gas released the new water-gas mixture can cannot support the ship. As a results, it sinks.
- Yards of slit covered all the evidence of sinking.
- Airplanes: When the gas passes through the soil, water, and air it simulates rubbing a, e.g., rubber rod on fur. It picks up some electrical charge. Airplanes’ instruments “confused” as the airplane passes “current” (charged gas). The airplane may yet survive, but when there is sufficient natural gas to displace the oxygen necessary to keep the engines turned on, the engines turns off (stall). Then the plane crashes and it sinks. Then the silt covers the airplane.
Hey, here is one minute summary ; though the TV show was over an hour.
Regarding this “death triangle”, various theories and hypotheses proposed to try to support and explain these mysterious phenomena.
Such as “infrasound vibration theory”, “Haiti bridge theory”, “natural gas hydrate theory”, “pyramid magnetic field theory”, “magnetic declination angle anomaly theory, Skeptic’s Theory, unusual theory, Human error, Freak waves, strange waves and hurricanes, A Hutchison effect, Gulf stream, Methane gas theory, The Sargasso Sea etc., all have their own schools and try to justify themselves.
Thousands of rumors are present related to Bermuda triangle… however no scientific proof is present to completely mark one as rumor as true while other as false. So the debate about Bermuda triangle’s being cursed or it being a land of aliens or something else, is still inconclusive.
By M. Hema Sri