Brain Drain – a growing issue in India
Think of a common middle class household in India. Many Indians dream of a life in developed countries like United States,United Kingdom, Germany,Japan. The question arise that what makes them love those countries and detest their own country. As we set foot upon the Republic day of 2021, which is on 26th January,let us look into the issues that force them so.
Why foreign developed countries appear more appealing ?
- Safety and Security – In India,rape cases are prevalent and every four hours,a person is raped. Rape cases are not registered efficiently and the society puts you to shame. Hence,rape victims cannot open their mouth and suffer in silence. In India, it takes years to serve justice while in developed countries,there are severe punishment for rape and accused is put to public shaming. Women safety is a misnomer in our country. Women are afraid to go out alone in night. Safety is a big issue although in Western countries too,one cannot assure that. Safety is in your hands. No place in world is safe.
- Corruption – In government sectors corruption is prevalent as these are controlled by bureaucrats and politicians. Work is done by taking bribes. Many noted criminals aren’t punished as they are powerful and rich and justice lies in their hands.In many companies, corruption among co workers lead to loss of jobs,red tape and bureaucracy.
- Nosy people – Neighbours and relatives will always poke their nose in your personal matters whether it’s job or marriage.People will persuade you to get married and then have children. This leads to unpleasant vibes and irritation. They will judge everything. While people in developed countries mostly mind their own business.
- Fault in education system – Most schools in India encourage rote learning by heart and less practical approach while Western countries encourage practical approach.
- Poor facilities in research – Many places in our country do not receive good electricity. Due to lack of resources and overpopulation,the government is unable to establish research centres.
- Lack of job facilities – People are unable to get their dream job due to lack of creativity and diverse choices in jobs.
- Although living in developed countries does not ensure better standard of living, people gets lured by high income facilities and settle there leading to loss of bright individuals who could actually contribute to the betterment of country.
To decrease chances of people going abroad,the government must take enough steps to develop research facilities in our country.
Overpopulation must be controlled and corruption must be kept under check.
Unemployment or underemployment must be checked and everyone should get job opportunities.
These highly successful individuals must settle in our country to effectively contribute to our GDP. In this way one can be true patriot of their country.
Thank you for reading
Subscribe to Young Indian Revolution for more articles and also join their Learn and Earn Programme.