Social Media is a tool that is becoming quite popular these
days because of its user-friendly features. Media
platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and many
more are giving people a chance to connect with each other
across the world. In other words, we can say that whole
world is on our fingertips all thanks to it. The
youth is especially one of the most dominant user of social
media. All this makes you wonder that something so
powerful and with such a massive reach cannot be all good.
As we all know that “there are always two sides of a
coin,” likewise the same goes with social media.
Subsequently, different people have different opinions on
this topic. So, let’s see some of the pros and cons of social
PROS OF SOCIAL MEDIA-
• We can make new friends, communicate with old
ones and with family.
• We can get a fan base, can try to make name of
• It can bring people together that are
interested in the same things as you are.
• Provides academic research to a wider
audience, allowing people access to previously
inaccessible educational resource.
• Professional networking sites like LinkedIn,
naukri.com, etc greatly assist companies to find
personnel and job seekers to find work.
CONS OF THIS TOOL-
• It use is associated with personality and
• Criminals can use it to commit and promote
• Advertising practices of this media sites may create
an invasion of privacy.
• Crimes like cyber bullying, hacking of profiles are done
on this platform.
• If profiles are not private, people can get information
about the users and can misuse it.
At the end , I would like to conclude that social media is a
game changer on the world wide web . It allows people to
connect with virtual world with the risk of disconnecting
with the real world. Then again, businesses are doing well
on these platforms. There are indeed two sides of it, one positive and another negative, and it is up to
you which one you choose.
Written by: Priyanka Joshi
To support the author follow her Instagram page: @pc_prachi18
Do participate in our Article writing contest to win cash prizes: https://youngindianrevolution.com/article-writing-contest/