CELEBRATED ON: 21 SEPTEMBER
By- ANSHIKA YADAV
Blog URL: http://www.anshiblog26.blogspot.com
IG page: @evolve.ee
The Motive Behind:
• The UN General Assembly has declared this as a day devoted to strengthening the ideals of peace, through observing 24 hours of non-violence and cease-fire.
• This year, we all are aware that we are not each other’s enemies. Rather, our common enemy is a tireless virus that threatens our health, security and very way of life. COVID-19 has thrown our world into turmoil and reminded us that what happens in one part of the planet can impact people everywhere including their lives.
The story Behind ~
• The International Day of Peace was established in 1981 by the United Nations General Assembly In 2001, the General Assembly unanimously voted to designate the Day as a period of non-violence and cease-fire.
The United Nations invites all nations and people to honour a cessation of hostilities during the Day and to otherwise commemorate the Day through education and public awareness on issues related to peace
GLOBAL PEACE DAY OTHER INITIATIVES :
• Minute of Silence/Moment of Peace: “The Peace Wave”
In 1984, in commemoration of the annual International Day of Peace and in solidarity with the United Nations, the NGO Pathways To Peace inaugurated the Minute of Silence at 12:00 Noon in each time zone, resulting in a “Peace Wave” around the world. Individuals, organizations, communities and nations are invited to participate in this shared and practical act of peacebuilding on September 21.
• The Peace Wave and Minute of Silence: Merrill Collins of Spiraling Music
This is a project that can be adapted and applied to any age, with a variable length of lessons for middle school through adult ages. Plan your lessons to culminate on September 21st. In addition, to accompany the Minute of Silence visuals below, Merrill has published a free teaching booklet for teachers, parents, and others who wish to have a simple tool to engage children in the importance of the “Peace Wave”, leading up to Peace Day on September 21st.
All the initiatives either big or small have altogether only one motive. The sense of harmony and compassion among citizens. The whole world is already dealing with such a disrupting health crisis. In these days of dark clouds, it’s so very much inhuman to behave so heartlessly.
Let’s join hands and be responsible enough to not promote or create hate against each other, not have grudges against each other because the real enemy or threat today is the virus spreading everywhere.
Recognise the real enemy and fight.
The power lies in unity.
We all as responsible citizens of one of the most developing country should come forward and respect this responsibility of spreading love, peace and harmony all around us.
This is the great initiative of the UN to spread the message of peace and come together to fight this massive health crisis.