“In traditional schools, you’re penalized for making a mistake. But that won’t work in the new information culture, in the digital world we live in today.”- Daniel Greenberg.
A rat-race for perfection is endless since primitive but today’s digital world catalyzes the rally. The Digital era is a period emerging in the 1970s with introducing computers and other technical services where an industrial-based economy is shifted to an information-based economy.
It is one step ahead of modernity.
So what is the need for human involvement if everything gets digitalized?
Vision plays a crucial role in today’s world to upgrade the society as well as financial condition with the help of modern technology.
Among the various vital organs, we use our eyes majorly while using computers and other technical devices.
Hardcover books turning to e-books, e-magazines, newspapers are converted to e-papers as a gift of the digital age. The light appearing from devices may bear on our eyes.
Research shows that between 50-90% of people who work at a computer screen have at least some symptoms of eye problems. This is the last gasp to provide some care for our important organs so that we can explore more in near future.
What are the possible eye problems for using computers, mobiles, etc.?
- Eye strain and discomfort.
- Blurred vision.
- Dry and red eyes.
- Neck or back pain.
- Double vision.
What can be the solutions to these problems?
- Consult with an ophthalmologist: if someone finds some eye-related issue he needs to consult with a doctor and should try to abide by the advice.
- Give your eyes rest for a few minutes: if one facing eye-problems due to work at a computer all day and night, then 20-20-20 rule might help them. It is something like look away from the screen every 20 minutes and look at something around 20 feet away for about 20 seconds.
- Eye drop: if eyes get dry then one can try some eye drops. It also gives a soothing effect.
- Cut the glare: if extreme brightness bothers someone’s eye, then one can reduce the lighting effect on the computer screen.
- Meditation: Various types of meditation are beneficial for our vital organs. It should be done in the early morning where the pollution rate is comparatively less.
- Clear the eyes with fresh water: It is a healthy habit to clean the eyes with water every morning.
Nowadays most of our community has to live on digital networking. It is nearly impossible to take time for our own out of our occupied schedule.
However, we have to be strong and healthy to build a creative country. Vision is an important aid of mankind by which they can rejuvenate the primitive world.
We have to keep well our eyes for the next generation too so that their perceptions are carried out towards perfection.