THE GREAT ANNOUNCEMENT MADE BY PM MODI ON INDIA’S 74 INDEPENDENCE DAY
“This is no time to be ordinary“- said Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi.
The Prime Minister of India, Narendra Damodardas Modi announced to launch the National Digital Health mission on the occasion of India’s 74th Independence Day.
On the 15th of August, 2020 PM Modi conducted the Nation in celebrating the day by unrolling the national flag at the majestic Red Fort in Delhi. The event was relatively calm in terms of involvement due to corona virus pandemic.
Standing in the alarming condition, the general public was not been invited for the celebration. Only 1,500 COVID-19 warriors including 500 police forces who have recovered from the infection attended the event as a symbol of citizens’ determination to combat the novel coronavirus.
It is no doubt that 2020 is one of the most gruelling years in Indian history. Presently India is dealing with two new challenges.
One is the coronavirus outbreak and another one is India-China strife in the eastern Ladakh region. On 15th August, Narendra Modi also said that the virus could be a hindrance but the nation was resolved to be self-reliant.
“I am confident that India will realize this dream. I am confident of the abilities, confidence, and potential of my fellow Indians. Once we decide to do something, we do not rest until we achieve the goal.”PM said.
He also praised Covid-19 warriors, the front line healthcare workers in the battle against the virus.
On that auspicious day, he also highlighted some government policy and launched the scheme about the healthcare mission. He also acknowledged that there are three COVID-19 vaccines at the different stages of trials in India.
Altogether he took 90 minutes for his speech.
“The pandemic has brought home to us the importance of strong health systems and interventions,” he added.
Here are some linchpins of PM Modi’s address on 74th Independence Day:
- He focused that more than one lakh households are now being provided with drinking water under the center’s Jal Jeevan Mission.
- More than five crore sanitary napkins were distributed for rupees 1 only to 6,000 Jan Aushadhi Kendras.
- He also announced that every citizen would get a Health ID which will contain the information about the disease one suffering from, which doctor has been consulted, and lastly which medication has been administered.
- PM Modi also said that central should come up with a committee to reconsider the minimum age of marriage for girls in India.
- He also mentioned in brief about the Jammu and Kashmir issue.
“Jammu and Kashmir have completed one year of independence from Article 370.”
- He also declared that over six lakh villages all over India would be connected through high-speed internet via optical fiber program.
PM should have spoken about jobs in Independence Day Speech: Shiv Sena
Though PM Modi has tried to highlight the various policies he was bagged out by his opposition. Shiv Sena said that although the Indian Army and Air force are there as a shield at the country’s border and protect us from enemies, how will we fight the lack of employment.
The bulk of the speech was related to self-reliance or Atmanirbharata. PM Modi’s statement was not just “make in India” but “make for the world“. He also referred to the recent “Bhoomi poojan.”
However, he is the first Prime Minister who talked about women’s menstrual health which was appreciable.
It perhaps would be a great step to break all the social stigma about women’s menstrual cycle and it would also be a good sign of women empowerment.
By:- Saswati Chattopadhyay