LabCorp Launches Quantitative Antibody Test to check the Effectiveness of COVID-19 Vaccines in Clinical Trials
COVID-19 antibody tests available in the market are qualitative and detect the presence of antibodies, but do not provide information on the individual’s antibody levels.
So, LabCorp (NYSE: LH), a leading global life sciences company that is focused on advancing health and guiding patient care, today announced a test that provides a quantitative measurement of an individual’s SARS-CoV-2 IgG antibodies.
LabCorp has performed more than 17 million molecular tests since first making the COVID-19 test available in March and is now able to process 210,000 tests per day, with plans to increase capacity further. The company also has performed 3 million COVID-19 antibody tests with the capacity to perform 300,000 per day.
LabCorp Offers Two Convenient Ways to Get Tested-
- Go Through LabCorp.com to Request a Test.
- COVID-19 IgG antibody testing, also known as serology testing, checks for a type of antibody called immunoglobulin G (IgG).
- If you have been exposed to the virus that causes COVID-19, your body typically produces IgG antibodies as part of the immune response to the virus.
- It can take at least two weeks after exposure to develop antibodies.
- This type of COVID-19 test is for individuals who think they may have had COVID-19 and do not currently have symptoms.
- You can get the IgG test through your doctor or healthcare provider.
2. Go to Your Doctor and Ask How You Can Get an Antibody Test at No Charge
· Beginning on August 11, 2020, and for the next 3 months, LabCorp offers a high-affinity antibody test through your doctor at no charge if you are receiving another blood test as part of an exam or treatment. If you don’t have a visit scheduled with your doctor, the LabCorp.com option (see information on left) may be right for you.
Written by Palak Thakur
Participate in our Article writing Contest and win prizes up-to Rs 12,000 – Click here